East Durham Medical Group
Contact Number: 01429838217
Opening Hours :
Wingate : 8am to 6pm (Mon-Fri)
Peterlee : 8 am to 8 pm (Mon-Fri)
Horden: 8am to 6pm(Mon-Fri)
Wheatley Hill 8am to 6 pm (Mon-Fri)
Thornley 8 am to 12:30 pm (Mon-Fri)
Kelloe 8 am to 12 :30 pm (Mon - Fri)
DR DAGNY SAMUEL
Dr Oliver Barnsley
Dr Kathryn Clark
Dr Htoo Kyaw
Dr Koko Naing
Dr Pamela Dibdin
Dr Syeda Hassan
Dr Clare Francis
Mr Joseph Chandy (Strategic Managing Partner)
Elaine Wilkinson – Operational Manager
Pat Richards - Finance Officer
ALL MEMBERS OF THE SURGERY PRIMARY CARE TEAM ARE DEDICATED TO A QUALITY POLICY TO ACHIEVE HEALTH SERVICES WHICH MEET THE PATIENT'S REQUIREMENTS.
Our surgery building will be welcoming, easy for patients to find their way around and appropriate to the needs of users, including the disabled.
Patients' rights to General Medical Services:
Patients have the rights to:
- be registered with a General Practitioner
- change doctor if desired
- be offered a health check on joining the practice
- receive urgent care at any time from the practice and be signposted for emergency care provision
- receive appropriate drugs and medicines
- be referred for specialist or second opinion if they and the GP agree
- have the right to view their medical records, subject to the Acts and associated procedure, and to know that those working for the NHS are under legal obligation to keep the contents confidential.
Changes to Procedures:
When changes are introduced to practice procedures that affect patients, we will ensure that these are clearly explained, by means of a brochure; waiting room noticeboard or individual leaflets, giving as much notice as practicable.
To ensure the best possible knowledge of your personal health, these will be signed by your usual GP wherever possible.
- Urgent referrals to other health and social care agencies will be made within one working day of the patient consultation. Where requested, our GPs will refer you to a private health provider.
- We will normally process non-urgent referrals within five working days of the patient consultation or the doctor's decision to refer.
- Test Results: When a doctor or nurse arranges for a test to be taken the patient will be informed how to obtain the result. (results are normally available after 2 pm the following day)
- Transfer of Medical Records
- The Practice will endeavour to dispatch any medical record required by the Health Authority within seven working days and same day if the request is urgent.
- Privacy and Confidentiality: We will respect our patients' privacy, dignity and confidentiality at all times.
- With a Practice Nurse: For routine appointments we will offer an appointment within five working days.
- If there is a delay in the appointment wait (when you arrive) of more than 20 minutes we will let you know. We are happy to update you on any delay situation if you feel that you have been waiting too long.
- With a Doctor/Clinical Practitioner : For a new acute problem, we will endeavour to offer patients an appointment within two working days of the request. For medically urgent requests, we will offer an appointment on the same day. We are unable to guarantee a specific doctor will visit you. The decision to home visit will be at the doctors’ discretion after clinical triage.For more information on Surgery Opening Times and Other New updates,please visit our website at www.edmg.co.uk .Routine appointments will be bookable upto 4 weeks in advance.
- Home Visits: We are unable to guarantee a specific doctor will visit you. The decision to home visit will be at the doctors’ discretion after clinical triage.
- For more information on Surgery Opening Times and Other New updates,please visit our website at www.edmg.co.uk
With these rights come responsibilities and for the patients this means:
- Courtesy to the staff at all times - remember they are working under doctors' orders.
- Responding in a positive way to questions asked by the reception staff.
- To attend appointments on time or give the practice adequate notice that they wish to cancel. Someone else could use your appointment!
- An appointment is for one person only - where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made and the Medical Record be made available.
- Patients should make every effort when consulting the surgery to make best use of nursing and medical time - home visits should be medically justifiable and not requested for social convenience.
- When patients are asked to give 48 hours notice for repeat prescriptions, please give us this time as it is to allow for accurate prescribing.
- Out-of-hours calls (e.g. evenings; nights & weekends) should only be requested if they are felt to be truly necessary.